My Time at the historical 1964/65 World's Fair New York

I am so grateful to my Godfather Uncle Paul and Aunt Estelle for taking me to the 1964/65 World's Fair at Flushing Meadows Carona Park in Queens, New York.  It was one of the largest World's Fairs to be held in the United States.  I was very young but I clearly remember the Unisphere, Belgian Waffles, the debut of the Ford Mustang and millions of people. The Unisphere can still be seen today and everytime I drive past it on my way to New York City it brings back wonderful childhood memories.  It is a 12 story high spherical stainless steel representation of Earth.  The theme of the World's Fair was "Peace Through Understanding" and the Unisphere represented the theme of global interdependence.

My old photo of the Unisphere:



Me (in pink sweater on the left), my sister Liz on the right & friends Susie in the front  & Jill in the back at World's Fair in the Chrysler Pavilion section in the Transportation Area. We were all wearing the classic feathered souvenir hats!):


http://www.westland.net/ny64fair/map-docs/crysler.htm



  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Give Willie Nelson a Nobel Peace Prize for Farm Aid

Time on fast forward

Time For A Fresh Brewed Cup of Coffee With Willie